birding-aus

RFI - Sydney/Blue Mountains (Sydney Birders)

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI - Sydney/Blue Mountains (Sydney Birders)
From: "M&VGardner" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:14:45 +1000
Hi all and in particular Sydney birders.

I'm coming down to Sydney after Christmas from the 29 December 2004 to 6 January 2005 and would appreciate any directions and reliable sites for some southern birds, inparticular:

Beautiful Firetail
Greenfinch
Little Raven
Crescent Honeyeater
Tawny-crowned Honeyeater
Pilot Bird
White-fronted Chat
Australian Shelduck
Southern Emu Wren
Plus anything else sought after and rare e.g. if there's a spare yellow wagtail about, waders, owls etc.

We're planning on visiting Royal N.P and the Megalong Valley, but pretty flexible and have a few spare days after taking kids to zoos, luna park etc.  I'll be staying with relatives in the Blue Mountains.

Thanks for anyone interested in providing some advice.

Cheers
Marc Gardner
Julia Creek QLD