birding-aus

Un-named

To: "Alan Morris" <>
Subject: Un-named
From: Judith L-A <>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:26:09 +1000
Alan, I do agree with what Gemfyre/Belinda wrote -- 'If anything I post does happen to be of enough use or interest to be published. All I need is an e-mail [from another subscriber] and I shall reveal my whole name.' And as Russel puts it so well, 'anyone contributing to this forum should use their real name - if that's a first name and initial, so be it. In time, we'll learn who Fred A. is and what he usually writes about, or that Jenny Z. usually has something interesting to report.' I can only say that I for one am not trying to 'conceal' my name from subscribers to this list, but rather, to retain my privacy from the general public via the web. In my (non-birding) job, unwanted strangers often try to contact me. I am sadly obliged to make this as difficult to do as possible. Others, I'm sure, are in a similar position. And protecting oneself from undesirable approaches is a very good reason indeed to maintain one's privacy.

My full last name is spaced out below:
L .u .k .i .n.-
        .A .m .u .n .d .s .e .n

Cheers,
Judith.

 no good reason have been advanced to justified contributors
using "dummy" names. If the top birders in Australia like Mike Carter, Tony
Palliser, Dion Hobcroft or Phil Hansbro have no problems sending their
emails to Birding-aus under their own name why cannot the rest of us do it!

observations from people who won't give their names are of no value.

So I do request that people use their own name. Unlike Russell Woodford,
"Jenny A" or "Judith L.A." is of little use to me and to the rest of us, I
suggest.

Alan Morris