birding-aus

Un-named Observers

Subject: Un-named Observers
From: "Regan S" <>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:49:50 +1000
For various privacy reasons, many feel unwilling to disclose their full name - including myself, especially when archived birding-aus messages by a particular person appear in Google when his/her name is searched for. I'm quite happy to use my first name and initial, however, which I hope is sufficient to prove my authenticity. If anyone really needs to know my full name, they can correspond with me personally.

I do, agree however that invented names are annoying and somewhat unacceptable. Any number of larrikins can sign up to birding-aus with a ridiculous invented name and report hoax sightings. But then again, I don't think this occurs often on birding-aus anyhow, and one can always invent an authentic-sounding pseudonym.

Regan.