birding-aus

Re; Regent Honeyeaters at Durikai.

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re; Regent Honeyeaters at Durikai.
From: "Paul Walbridge" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:26:39 +1000
Hi Birding-aussers, Roy wrote

"Hi David I was at Durikai SF west of Warwick in Queensland on Friday 8 October at
4.30 pm.  We saw two Regent HE's at the waterhole. One flew off as the other flew down to drink.   Approx Co-ords are 28/12/25 S and 151/35/20 E.  There was very high HE activity drinking and bathing with numerous Yellow-plumed,"

Roy, surely you didn't mean Yellow-plumed Honeyeater which is primarily a Mallee species, occuring way to the south. Maybe you meant White-plumed, or perhaps Yellow-tufted Honeyeater, both of which occur in the region you visited. Congrats on finding the Regents however. Cheers - Paul W.