birding-aus

Re: Some interesting sights at the WTP

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Some interesting sights at the WTP
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:41:25 +1000
Today I found what I assume to be one of the pair of Cape Barren Geese that normally hang out on Paradise Road perched on top of one of the nest boxes in Lake Borrie. The other one was in the usual spot.

I had two or three Swamp Harriers, but in general the number of raptors was low - although I did get a Black Kite. Most of the ponds have lots of water in them so bad for rails and waders. Duck numbers seem up a bit compared with two weeks ago - most Hardheads I have seen for several months.

Scrubwrens appeared to be about 10 times as common as normal!

And my first two Tiger Snakes of the season.