birding-aus

Migrant Arrival Dates

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>, "Alan Morris" <>
Subject: Migrant Arrival Dates
From: "Ricki Coughlan" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:12:50 +1000
Hi Alan

I'm a fair way from you up here at Broome, but we have Marsh Sandpipers on the lakes to the east of here currently. Unable to determine if these are stay-overs though as they were in adult plumage but no breeding plumage visible among the birds I have witnessed. If they are traversing the East-Asian Australasian Flyway, however, you may soon be getting a few moving down the line.

Regards - Ricki