birding-aus

Two Questions about Birding Culture

Subject: Two Questions about Birding Culture
From: pnstanka <>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:43:11 -0400
Hi my name is Philip Stankard, I hope this is a good group to ask for help.  I
am a student in Industrial Design at Syracuse University in New York.  Our
class is looking at the birding culture.  From this research we want to
identify things that need to be designed for this group.  We call this
discovery design, and it involves identifying porblems and then designing
something to solve that problem.

So I have two questions,

1. What are three key words you would use to describe the birding culture?

2. What do you think needs to be designed for this culture and activity. For
example, it could be a new piece of equipment, adaptation to existing
equipment, accessories, clothing, electronic or text guides, etc. Think of it
as anything that you wish had been designed better or needs to be designed
because it is not currently available.

I know this posting is not technically talking about birds but I think these
are interesting questions.

Thank you for time,
Philip Stankard