birding-aus

Black Swans in Clifton Hill

To: <>
Subject: Black Swans in Clifton Hill
From: "Neville Pamment" <>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:24:23 +1000
Enjoying Melbourne's early spring this morning were two Black Swans, just upstream of the Eastern Freeway bridges on Merri Creek. When I checked an hour or two later, they had moved down to the confluence with the Yarra, above Dight's Falls.

This is my first record of swans for this location in over 20 years of observations. From their tameness, I suspect they may have headed up-river from Melbourne Botanical Gardens.

Also on the river close to the falls, a pair of Australasian grebes in full b.p.

Neville Pamment
Clifton Hill Vic