birding-aus

Interesting sightings

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Interesting sightings
From: "N & J Russill" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:45:02 +1000
Hi all, Ricki's posting prompted me to finally get around to sending a note,
we have been a bit slow since returning from Madagascar.  Have no fear
Ricki, the Azure Kingfishers are still around the Hacking River at Royal
National Park (south of Sydney).  Several sightings recently especially at
Allambie Flat, they were also seen at the Birding NSW club outing on 28.7.04
which I led.   On the outing I led yesterday 7.8.04 at Wattamolla - Royal
National Park, we had 300+ Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos - a very large
flock, a few other birds of interest there were Rock Warblers and Chestnut
rumped Heathwrens.  Along the Mt. Bass Firetrail at RNP we had a few
Southern Emuwrens. AND ON 6.8.04 Oatley Park (20 min sth wst of  Sydney) 1
Square-tailed Kite amazing what turns up!   Neil Russill