birding-aus

Ashmore Reef cruise this October; two places available.

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Ashmore Reef cruise this October; two places available.
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:06:51 -0000
Russell has okayed the posting of this notice.

Assuming we get another one or two passengers, I'll again be leading a
cruise to Ashmore Reef this October. The previous six cruises from 1996 to
2003 have produced a total of 39 seabirds and 52 landbirds, 91 species in
all, several of which can only be seen in this area, as well as 12
cetaceans. We leave Broome early morning on Sunday 24 October 2004 and
return late afternoon Sunday 31 October, (8 days, 7 nights). Most of the
time is spent at sea searching for seabirds and cetaceans but we also have
time ashore on Ashmore Reef and the Lacepede Islands and possibly Scott
Reef. The cost is 2,750 dollars, all included except liquor.

The yacht we used previously, the Jodi Anne, is not available so we have
chartered 'The Willie' which is based at Broome.

Contact either me or George & Lindsey Swann of Kimberley Birdwatching
(copied in above) for more details.

Every trip has produced one or more extreme rarity. I wonder what it'll be
this year?

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mt Eliza    VIC     3930