birding-aus

Before we get to sulferous - GETTING OFF TOPIC!!!

Subject: Before we get to sulferous - GETTING OFF TOPIC!!!
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:47:14 +0000
I was going to agree until you got to the last line, which set me thinking as to what is the difference. The usually reliable (if slightly American) http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dependant indicates that ..ent can be EITHER a noun or an adjective, whereas ..ant is always a noun. So if you stick with ..ent you can always argue that you are correct!