birding-aus

My birding week Duffys Forest/Sydney

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: My birding week Duffys Forest/Sydney
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 03:45:23 +1000
I spent some of this morning in the rain (yes, it IS finally raining in
Sydney) observing what I believe to be a Little Eagle.  It is the 3rd
consecutive day it has been around the Waratah Park Earth Sanctuary area in
Duffys Forest.  It landed in a nearby tree and instead of trying to get a
better look, I unfortunatley raced back to the house for my camera.  Silly
me.  Of course, it was nowhere to be seen on my return.  I know when it is
around because it causes quite a kafuffle with the other local birds -- some
usually hot on its tail attempting to chase it off.

I also investigated an unfamiliar 'woop-woop' noise hidden in the bushes to
find 2 Bar-shouldered Doves.

It has been a fun birding week in the garden, seeing a totally gorgeous Rose
Robin, Spotted Pardalotes, Silvereyes, Eastern Spinebills, Grey Fantails and
a few more visits by the Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos.

An added bonus was seeing the Superb Fruit-Dove earlier this week, thanks to
the help of Kurtis and Tom.  Oh, and I can't forget the 80 or so dolphins
watched playing yesterday off the coast of Botany Bay whilst out on a whale
trip, together with quite a few albatross soaring around.

Cheers
Karen Pearson
Duffys Forest
(I don't want to know about any spelling/grammar errors.
I already know that I'm hopeless.  Ta.)