birding-aus

Speckled Warbler at Mulgoa

To: <>
Subject: Speckled Warbler at Mulgoa
From: "michael hunter" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:07:15 +1000
Hi All,
          Yesterday a female Speckled Warbler perched on a low branch at
twenty paces on Mayfair Rd. Mulgoa.

           A newie on my twenty year list, and long hoped-for.

           We have fenced off about a km. of  Mulgoa Creek, leaving fallen
timber, in the hope of attracting Speckled Warblers among others, ( Hooded,
Scarlet and Red-capped and Flame Robins would once have been regulars in
Mulgoa Valley, occur seasonally around Cobbity to the South and I think,
Castlereagh/Hawksbury to the North) A male Rose Robin was in our garden, in
a bare Robinia tree on Sunday, there must be a message in there somewhere.
Eastern Yellow Robins are resident.

                                       Cheers
                                            Michael

Michael Hunter