birding-aus

Edithvale Hide (30 km SSE of Melbourne)

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Edithvale Hide (30 km SSE of Melbourne)
From: "Jacqui" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:45:39 +1000
 At last there has been enough rain to re-open the hide for viewing. It will
be open every Saturday and Sunday from 1 pm to 5 pm. Melways reference  93
D8
  The first residents to come are many Swans and Swamphens. It will be
exciting to watch of the arrival of other water birds soon.
 On the northern side, which is much deeper, I only saw one musk duck, some
coots, many Chestnut Teal, and Hoary-headed Grebes. In all we listed 30
birds including north (where there are more bush birds too) and south sides
(hide).
If anyone particularly would like to enjoy sitting in the hide out of the
rain for an hour or more during the school  holidays let me know, and I'll
try to organise it for you.
Jacqui Sheppard
---