birding-aus

Goshawks and Jacanas

To: <>
Subject: Goshawks and Jacanas
From: "Chris and Col Fitzell" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:31:03 +1000
Hi all,

Last monday, while returning to Brisbane from camping at Imbil, we found two grey Goshawks on power lines beside the Yandina - Coolum road. One flew off but the other was most co operative as he remained on the wire scanning the grass below. We were able to take ample video footage and get good scope views. Digi still out of battery - drat.

Yesterday we found Comb Crested Jacana beside the highway near Beenleigh. There is a floodplain park with a lagoon in it with adequate lilypads etc and there they were, at least 6 - 8 individuals poking around and quite happy. About ten or so water whistle ducks were sailing around in their reflections as well. Beautiful afternoon.

regards,

Chris and Col Fitzell