birding-aus

Re: Spotlighting, Animal Care and Ethics

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: Spotlighting, Animal Care and Ethics
From: "Gosper Carl" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:24:45 +1000
Hi all,

It is not just for spotlighting that government employees need Animal Care and
Ethics Authorities. I need one to simply watch birds and record food types
used, behaviour etc. I have also been informed I would need an Authority if I
was to engage volunteers/bird observers to collect these kinds of observations
on my behalf, such as from their own backyards (even though they could do the
same observations as birdwatchers and at the current time require no permits).
Not that I have had any difficulty in obtaining the necessary permits, but it
all takes time.

Cheers
Carl Gosper
Post-doctoral Fellow (Ecology of Bird-dispersed Weeds)
CRC for Australian Weed Management
Alan Fletcher Research Station
Dept. of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
PO Box 36, SHERWOOD QLD 4075, Australia
Ph. (07) 33750751 Fax. (07) 33796815
Email:

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.