birding-aus

Swift Parrots in Melbourne

Subject: Swift Parrots in Melbourne
From: Chris Tzaros <>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:16:19 +1000
A few people on birding-aus have enquired about Swift Parrots in Melbourne in recent times. Up until now there havn't been any 2004 records for suburban Melbourne, but we had small numbers around our place in Altona North over the weekend, and occasionally during the previous week. I get the impression there are not too many about generally in the Melbourne area, but small numbers are obviously out in the western suburbs again )as they have been for at least the past 3 winters that we've lived out there). Also had up to 4 Spiny-cheeked Honeyeaters in the garden in recent weeks.

Chris

Chris Tzaros
Research and Conservation Officer
Birds Australia (Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union)
National Office
415 Riversdale Rd
Hawthorn East, Vic., 3123
Ph: 03-9882-2622
Fax: 03-9882-2677
Email:
Website address: http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au
Privileged/confidential information or data may be contained in this
message. If you are not the intended addressee indicated in this message,
you may not copy or deliver this message or take an action in reliance on
it. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by return email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of Birds Australia
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Birds Australia
accepts no liability for any damage caused in the transmission, receipt or
opening of this message and any files transmitted with it.
Australian Partner of BirdLife International. Are you a member of Birds
Australia? If not, why not join us?