birding-aus

S Victoria Birding

Subject: S Victoria Birding
From: "Tim Jones" <>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 12:49:55 +0000
Dear Anyone,

With a long weekend in store for next weekend, my 12 year son and I, being birding-mad pommies, are looking for somewhere within reasonable travelling distance to see some new birds for our Aussie list. We live in Sydney, and have seen most local things, so are considering a flight down to Melbourne on Friday (or maybe early Saturday) and a couple of days' birding within reasonable reach by hire car.

Some birds we would really like to see are Cape Barren Goose, Hooded Plover, Banded Stilt, Purple-crowned Lorikeet, and Rufous Bristlebird. Real long shots could include any quails, Masked Owl, Ground Parrot and Striated Fieldwren.

If anyone's got any recent information or reliable-ish sites for any of the above at this time of year, we'd be most grateful if you could let us know. And, yes, we're prepared for the weather!

Many thanks to anybody who can help us with this.

Tim Jones.