birding-aus

NEW SIMPSON & DAY

To: <>
Subject: NEW SIMPSON & DAY
From: "Lorne Johnson" <>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:15:55 +1000
Hello birdlovers... Lorne again...

I was thrilled to see the 7th edition of Simpson & Day's bird guide
yesterday at the Australian Musuem in Sydney, where there is a cool
exhibition on John Gould presently. I purchased the field guide
immediately ($39.95) as I've always liked this guide more that Pizzey &
Knight, Slater et. al. I was given the original hardback in 1985 as a
Xmas gift from my grandparents and ever since then it has been my
bible.

The new edition has an updated Vagrant Bird Bulletin now containing 74
species (right up to Isabelline Wheatear etc.), 14 or so new or revised
plates (the fruit-pigeons, kingfishers, some honeyeaters and swifts have
been chaged for the better), added textual detail, updated distribution
maps, the printed name of each species on every plate, a beautiful new
blue cover, more bill/beak drawings on the inside cover flap and more
detailed b&w drawings throughout.

Senasational!

Check it out y'all.

Laterz,