birding-aus

Late Common Koel in Blue Mountains, NSW.

To: birding <>
Subject: Late Common Koel in Blue Mountains, NSW.
From: scouler <>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:24:58 +1000
Hello birders,

It's 1815 hours (shortly after dark) on  Tuesday  25 May and I've just
heard the unmistakeable calls of a Common Koel outside my home at
Glenbrook in the lower Blue Mountains. This is much later in the season
than I have ever encountered a CK. I'd be interested in any comments on
very late reports of CKs, and any records of them  overwintering in
southern Australia.

Regards,
Colin.

Scanned by PeNiCillin http://safe-t-net.pnc.com.au/