birding-aus

More Black Bittens - East Ryde

To: "Bruce Cox" <>, "birdingaus" <>
Subject: More Black Bittens - East Ryde
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:42:03 +1100
Hi Bruce,
      Last Friday 21st May, I flushed a Black Bitten at the Field of Mars
Wildlife Refuge off Pittwater Rd at East Ryde. It was in the reeds where
Strangers Creek meets Buffalo Creek, which then flows into the Lane Cove
River.
      As it tried to avoid my attention, it managed to attract the
attention of a colony of Noisy Miners which enable me to follow the bitten
for a good 20mins as it flew from treetop to treetop and then up Strangers
Creek.
      As this was a lifer for me, I'm glad that I kept some of Neil Fifer's
Jpg's, as it was his photo's that gave me the positive ID.

Kind Regards,

Simon Hayes