birding-aus

red tailed blacks and Melia azedarach

To: <>
Subject: red tailed blacks and Melia azedarach
From: "Cas and Lisa (also Silvia, Max & Viveka) Liber" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:06:48 +1100
Dear Bill,
great photos! I am interested as Red Tailed blacks were apparently recorded
a very long time ago from the Sydney area (anyone ever seen them in
Sydney?). I live in Sydney's inner west where there is a flock of
Yellow-tialed blacks that like the casuarinas that were planted in amenity
plantings about the place. I am in contact with my local councils' park
officer and was telling him to plant more black cocky friendly trees
(sheoaks....banksia integrifolia) but I couldn't think of any others.
What else do the red tails like up there and anyone else know of what trees
yellow tails like (apart from pines that is)
Cas