birding-aus

Fwd: RE: Re: [B-AUS] What call is that?

Subject: Fwd: RE: Re: [B-AUS] What call is that?
From: Judith Lukin-Amundsen <>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:32:56 +1000
Yes, Graham, I gasped at the thought of it being an Olive Whistler - no Beech here, & I've not seen them. However, now I'm on the alert!
Judith.

Subject: RE: Re: [B-AUS] What call is that?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:53:57 +1100
From: "Graham Turner Ozemail" <>
To: "Judith Lukin-Amundsen" <>
Glad to see that someone else was thinking Olive Whistler. Do they occur in / near your area? From memory they occur only a higher altitude in the northern part of their range, associated with beech forest. Its been ages since I last hear them, but from memory the end of the call tails off into the distance.

Hope you sort out what it is.

Cheers
Graham Turner