birding-aus

Another superb seawatch from Maroubra (Sydney NSW) - 13th March 2004

To: "Edwin Vella" <>, <>
Subject: Another superb seawatch from Maroubra (Sydney NSW) - 13th March 2004
From: "The Dam Lamb Clan" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:57:44 +1100
Edwin,
          An amazing shore-based seawatch. Can I check on your use of Grey Noddy? I have seen Common and Black on Lady Elliot Is, Qld and was lucky enough to sight White Tern on a Southport pelagic last April, but Grey ?Noddy. My old Pizzey has Grey Noddy (procelsterna albivittata) with the alternative name of Grey Ternlet which my more recent Simpson & Day has as also as procelsterna albivittata.
        I'm always interested in birder's choices of common names and would be interested to know your reasons for noddy rather than ternlet?

        Russ Lamb, Maleny, SEQ