birding-aus

Capertee Bird ID

To: Stephen Gross <>
Subject: Capertee Bird ID
From: Timothy Hyde <>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:29:13 -0800
Stephen

Lynda thinks  Juv   Dusky Woodswollow

Here's a shot I took in the valley of one.

http://www.achieving.com.au/cap7.htm

We were out today and thursday
the place is crawling with birds   lots of young about as you would have seen

tell me what you think

Timothy Hyde

Stephen Gross wrote:
I was in the Capertee Valley on Wednesday morning. One bird which I saw in two different locations confused me. The bird was similar to a finch, was about 12cm, overall grey with tiny white streaks on the crown and white spots on the back and wings, similar to an immature yellow robin. I saw one at the Glen Alice cemetary where it was perched on the middle of the cemetary gate. The second bird was along Crown Station Rd on a gate. It spent time feeding on the ground and then flew into a tree when disturbed by a pair of young woodswallows.

My guess was perhaps an immature Singing Bushlark. Ideas on an ID would be appreciated.

Regards Steve 'perplexed' Gross
Orange NSW

--
Achieving the Impossible