birding-aus

Re: Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Scaly-breasted Lorikeets in Melbourne

Subject: Re: Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Scaly-breasted Lorikeets in Melbourne
From: "Tim Bawden" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:28:32 +0000
Hi all

When I was a kid growing up in Frankston (1980's/early 1990's) Scaly-brested
Lorikeets were(are?)  quite common in amongst Rainbow's in South Frankston and
out towards Langwarrin. In more recent times I have seen them in
Berwick/Hallam, Clayton, Kew and at Rickett's Point as Michael mentions, though
not in more than ones or twos.  As for their purity and origin I can only
speculate.

Cheers
Tim