birding-aus

New to list

To: <>
Subject: New to list
From: "jawenham" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:02:12 +1000
Hi all,

I've just joined the list so don't quite know what to expect or what is expected.  I live in central Qld inland from Rockhampton.  I'm very much an amateur and inactive bird watcher.  I tend to focus on what I can spot from my verandah or perhaps down the river if we go fishing.  I also enjoyed seeing some different birds when we drove to Cape Tribulation last year, but was disappointed not to see a cassowary.  My local favourites are the rainbow bee eater and the red wing parrot.  Does the list have a photo site anywhere?  I would love to see other people's photos and share some of mine.  Aren't digital cameras wonderful!!!  I'd also love to hear where everyone is and the different sorts of birds they have in their areas.

Talk to you all soon.

Jenny.