birding-aus

S.I.P.O. a the Entrance.

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: S.I.P.O. a the Entrance.
From: "Tom Wilson" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:13:05 +1100
Further to Bruce Cox's message earlier today re a SIPO sighting at the
Entrance by John Duranti on 1 Jan (and Alan Morris's from late December), I
believe it was still there at about 3 this afternoon, feeding on the exposed
mud, accompanied by an APO just about straight out from the Pelican Feeding
station. As with John Duranti's sighting, I only had bins, but this bird was
definitely shorter in the leg (I had both standing on a mud bank next to
each other for a while and the difference in legs was very distinct), and
the more rounded posture.  No noticeable bill length difference to me.
The channel was busy with people, boats and other birds, but the
oystercatchers seemed pretty happy to be out there to me.
Cheers
Tom Wilson