birding-aus

A little off topic...

Subject: A little off topic...
From: Michael Whitehead <>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:50:09 +1100 (EST)
Hi guys,

           I'm sure many of you have been receiving the various junk e-mails that somehow get sent to our list. The last one "THANKYOU FOR YOUR GOODNESS" was such a tearjerker that I had to reply to the ex Princess of Nigeria. I'm curious to see how and when I'll be asked for my bank details (not that my account will be much good to anyone right now!), or maybe I'll wind up with a huge share in $55US million dollars...
          Here's my letter to the Princess. I'll keep you posted...

Dear Princess Maryam Abacha,

                   Fist of all I am most greived to learn of you and your family's troubling situation in your native country. Rest assured, my thoughts and prayers go out to both you and Achebe in these turbulent times.
        I am proud to say that I was one to know your truly honourable husband during his esteemed life. He was a model to all and touched many people, especially myself, in some very sacred places.
        It is because of this relationship I shared with your late husband and the closeness I feel to you and your family that I have decided to help you to secrete your 55.5M USD in my country for safekeeping. Don't concern yourself with the promised 30% reward to myself for the help, my only true motive is to see you and your obscenely large pile of money safe.
        What I am worried about is whether or not this is an entirely legal thing to be doing in my country. I don't want to embroil myself in any legal problems, after all, I'm just trying to help you. Please, assure me that this is a legitimate cause and that I am doing the right thing and we will make the necessary arrangements to hide your little piggy bank.
        I wish you luck and look forwartd to your reply.

                             Regards,
                                    Salmon Fisher.

Yahoo! Personals
- New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time!