birding-aus

Digiscoping or Digital SLR

To: <>
Subject: Digiscoping or Digital SLR
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:42:14 +1000
Hi all,

For the benefit of birders interested in photographing the birds they see and
who may be wondering
which system would be best: Digiscoping or a Digital SLR, I have added a few
pages to my web-site
showing the details of, and my conclusions from, a test I recently did.
I mounted my Digiscoping gear and a D-SLR side-by-side on a tripod and took
some pictures for
comparison.

To see these pictures and to read my opinions and conclusions go to:
http://users.tpg.com.au/inglisrc/index.htm
Click on the link "D-SLR or Digiscoping" on the Entry Page to go straight to
the 'Comparo' pages.

There are a few pictures on a couple of pages which will cause the page to be
slow to download on a
dial-up connection but it should be worth the wait and you can read the text
while waiting.
Please read the disclaimer before offering criticism of the comparison and my
conclusions.

Cheers
Bob Inglis
Woody Point