birding-aus

Werribee Treatment Plant with friends

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Werribee Treatment Plant with friends
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:41:47 +1100

It was real fun taking both Lorna Bloom and Margaret Sykes from N.S.W around the Plant.  As usual they were both amazed by the size of the place and the abundance of birds.  Our count for the morning was 64.

Most of the waders were in the Borrow Pit.  The Black-tailed Native Hens are back too.

There are plenty of Whiskered Terns catching the large insects.  The Reed warblers were in fine voice

On Sunday we saw a couple of magnificent Blue-billed duck but they were not about today.  Fortunately we saw all the other species of duck including the Freckled who are back on their usual perching place in Lake Borrie South.

It was wonderful to see the two Brolga in the Murtcaim area.  Firstly their call was heard and then they were both visible.

The Pink-eared duck were seeking shelter from the wind in the T section ponds.

As always it was great scenery and we all enjoyed the occasion.

Shirley Cameron

Werribee