birding-aus

Grey Wagtail

To: <>
Subject: Grey Wagtail
From: "Broome Bird Observatory" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:57:27 +0800
Hi All,

A Grey Wagtail has been present at Broome Bird Observatory since Tuesday, ID finally confirmed today. The bird is around and under buildings feeding, and was seen regualarly over a three hour period early this morning.

If you need further reason to twitch this area at this time of the year, on the way home this morning George Swan reported an Oriental Cuckoo flying across Crab Creek Road and Lake Eda is currently home to a Ruff, a Red-necked Phalarope and a Pectoral Sandpiper, and of course tomorrow is the anniversay of last years arrival of the Blue and White Flycatcher.

Anything can happen - and is!

I can be contacted at the Broome Bird Observatory (when I'm not out birding) if you want any details. Note that there is plenty of available accommodation and camping.

Cheers

Joy Tansey
Warden