birding-aus

Aus bird video clips on the web

Subject: Aus bird video clips on the web
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:04:17 +1100
I know I'm leaving myself wide open here, but do you have some Aussie Bird
Video Clips that you'd like to see on the web?

Just so I don't get innundated, here are a few rules:

1) Video clips to be less than 1 minute and 2 MB (10 seconds & 0.4 MB is
often good enough).
2) Only one bird species per video clip.
3) Good quality clips of common birds are preferred to poorer clips of rare
birds. eg. I could do with a good Blue Wren.
4) No copyrighted material please. I'd prefer something you've filmed
yourself.
5) The video to be steady, not shaking.
6) Close-ups are preferred. I don't want videos of distant flocks.
7) I prefer multiple scenes of the same species on one clip if the scenes
are all good enough.
8) I reserve the right to shorten, remove shake and format convert the
clips.
9) I reserve the right to take any clips off the web site when I get better
versions and reserve the right to decide which versions are better.
10) Tell me the name of the photographer and filming location so I can give
credit on the web site.
11) Check the identity of the species before sending and send me both the
common & scientific names.

Try not to overload my inbox by sending too many clips.

Apart from that, any video format that I can read eg. 320*240 at 30
frames/sec or 352*288 at 25 frames/sec. A version of mpeg-4 (eg. 3ivx-D4)
would be nice.

The web site is http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.com/~hallsofjamaica/Birds.htm
PS.
I can view and hear all clips on Windows XP with Windows Media Player.
I can view but not hear all clips on Windows 2000 with Quicktime.