birding-aus

Re Tiger Snakes eating....

To: "Duncan Fraser" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re Tiger Snakes eating....
From: "Mark Newton - Adelaide, SA" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:03:35 +1030
Hope I'm not too far off track here,....re, snakes and the like.

Another place where snakes abound amongst the bird life is Bool lagoon in
SA's south east.  No doubt most of you would be more than aware of the
location. I have been there in late spring at a time when nearly every
tussoc grass(sorry, I'm not much of a botanist) had a copperhead snake
coiled within it, they were everywhere.  Also saw a few tiger snakes in the
area too...bigguns at that, so tread carefully.
I can well imagine the local avian population serve up delicious serpent
snacks quite frequently, with the snakes living right amongst them all.
Its a beautiful place though, take a visit.

Cheers
Mark Newton
Adelaide.