birding-aus

Maroota spotlighting (White-throated Nightjar) - Saturday 1st November

To: <>
Subject: Maroota spotlighting (White-throated Nightjar) - Saturday 1st November 2003
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:52:09 +1100
Last Saturday night (1st Nov. 2003) Matt and Maddison Hughes and myself spent a couple of hours spotlighting along Cliftonville Rd at Maroota (approx. 60km NW of Sydney CBD). Our aim was to find at least one White-throated Nighjar and we were able to have at least a few sightings. At one stage a White-throated Nighjar appeared to hover above our head and gaining height until it glided off. It's always great to hear their weird calls "wook..wook...wook...ook...ook..ook". We also had a good view of Boobook Owl and heard a Powerful Owl along this road.

Edwin