birding-aus

Multiple copies of Birding-Aus messages .. future reference

To: Dr Richard Nowotny <>, Messages Birding-aus <>
Subject: Multiple copies of Birding-Aus messages .. future reference
From: "John A. Gamblin" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:44:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi Richard,

If you click on here:

  http://www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html

then you can see if mulitple messages exist on the Birding-Aus email
list. This will then tell you if it's you? your ISP? your email
supplier? or we need to sack Russell?

Yours sincerely RVF for and on behalf of JAG.

Dr Richard Nowotny <> wrote:

Are other Birding-Aussers having the same problem I am, ie receiving
multiple copies of the same message (all showing the same time)?

For example, today I have received 3 copies of the same message from
Andy Burton (sent at 17:05 on 28/10/03), 3 from Carol Probets (17:53),
2 from Michael Ramsay (17:48), 2 from Bob Forsyth (17:18), etc (but
only one from "wendy", at 17:34).

Is this a fault of my personal set-up (ie I'm the only person
affected), the senders (seems most unlikely!), of Birding-Aus (everyone
on the list is affected), of BigPond (only BigPond subscribers are
affected - seems entirely possible with Telstra's recent SNAFUs -
however, only Birding-Aus messages are coming through in duplicate), or
somewhere else??? Russell, any ideas?

Regards. Richard (mildly frustrated).

RICHARD NOWOTNY
8 Pier St,
Port Melbourne,
VIC, AUSTRALIA 3207
(H)  61-3-9645.6870
(M)  0438 224456

=====
To err is human but....... only a cat has nine lives ask any bird.
Ooroo Tweetie-Pie