birding-aus

Little Ravens

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Little Ravens
From: "Tom Wilson" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:28:09 +1000
Seen over my house in Turramurra (Northern Sydney) yesterday (18 Oct) was a party of 10 corvids.  They flew rapidly and in a tight group, had a higher pitched call than the "normal" Ravens for my place, appeared smaller and the tail lacked the "wedge" effect of an Australian Raven. I identified them as Little Ravens, but would consider that they would be unusual for my part of Sydney - any views from other Northern Sydneysiders or others?
Cheers
Tom Wilson

PS - further to posting I made a few weeks ago about migrant cuckoos, both now here - Koels 4 days later than average (5 Oct vs. 1 Oct) and CB Cuckoos bang on average (7 Oct).  Fittingly, the first Koel call was heard on the back end of the heavy rainstorm that hit the northern suburbs of Sydney that afternoon.