birding-aus

Blue-winged Parrot

To: <>, <>
Subject: Blue-winged Parrot
From: "Val Ford" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:45:24 +1000
Hi Ian
You wrote on 21September this year:

"don?t you hate it  when you can't get quite a good enough view ?
heard then  saw   a  neophema  like  parrot  on the dunes at  rye back beach this  arvo  , while  building sand castles with my  two year old daughter , no bins  with me   and  couldn?t  get a second look try as I mite, maybe some one else will  be luckier than me"

I don't think I was much luckier today!!!!

I was walking with a group along the track through the Mornington Peninsula National Park, Sorrento, Vic - not far from where you saw the neophema like parrot at Rye back beach.   A parrot flew across the track some distance in front of me then landed on the edge of St Pauls Road carpark.  However as it was raining at the time the bins were in my back pack and after fumbling around for what seemed an eternity managed to get them out and get a very brief view of the bird.

Would like to say Orange-bellied however will have to report Blue-winged Parrot.

Val Ford
Sorrento