birding-aus

TWITCHATHON 2003

To: "William Homburg" <>, "Sue Taylor" <>, "Sarah Dixon" <>, "Richard Loyn" <>, "Raylene Cooke" <>, "Rae Gay" <>, <>, "PAUL C HACKETT" <>, "Norm & Nole" <>, "Neville Pamment" <>, "Naomi" <>, "Martin Symes" <>, "Laurie Living" <>, "Isaac Clarey" <>, "Graham Beal" <>, "Fiona Hogan" <>, "Elaine Campbell" <>, "eddieandsaf" <>, "Debbie Colbourne" <>, "Davies, Ian G" <>, "Craig Grabham - ERC" <>, "Birding Aus" <>, "Michael" <>
Subject: TWITCHATHON 2003
From: "S Cooney" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:32:38 +1000
Hello to all my friends in my address book.

You have received this very personal message, directed just to you, because it is time for the 2003 Twitchathon.

This year the Bush Turkeys are back to claim glory and fame in the eight hour event.  For those who don't know the Twitchathon is a fund raising event for Birds Australia.  Teams of birders, such as yours truly race around the country-side trying to see as many birds as possible within a specified period.  The teams seek sponsors who agree to donate an amount of money for each bird seen, for example 10 or 20 cents.  In previous years the Bush Turkeys have won the event (twice in a row) with 211 birds, but that was in a 24 hour period.  This year we are only competing in the 8 hour event so will only see... I don't really know, but perhaps around 150.  We don't really care how many birds we see, as long as see one more bird Lawrie and Grant - all that remains of the team that won last year's 8-hour event and the Turks' arch-rivals - the Tang Tang Tintacks!

The Bush Turkeys consists of founding members Sean Dooley (yes the famous Dools of 703 birds in a year fame), Paul Peake and hopefully Peter Lansley as well as the members that have made the team click in our previous outings Nev Amos and myself.  Feel free to sponsor me, the team or any of the other team members, but let's try to raise lots of money for bird conservation.  All donations over $2 are fully tax-deductible.  You can find out more about the event, including rules, past winners and links to the Turkey's and Lawrie's 'thon page at www.babblersnest.com and then clicking on the Twitchathon link.

The event is lots of fun, so for those of you who aren't competing, I hope you can join in the fun by backing a (hopefully) winning team!  Just email me with an amount (lump sum or per species amount) and I'll take it from there.

GO TURKS!!!

Regards

Stuart

Stuart Cooney