birding-aus

RNP - near Sydney

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: RNP - near Sydney
From: N & J Russill <>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 15:03:10 +1000
On 30/9, quite a few more migrants have arrived in numbers!  Leaden Flycatchers, Black-faced Monarchs and Dollarbirds.  Nesting is in full swing, Yellow throated Scrubwrens were building, White-browed Scrubwrens, Brown Gerygones were taking food to young still in the nests and the Yellow Robins are really busy feeding fledged young.   We gave a short tour to some English visitors, who delighted in the continuous song of a Superb Lyrebird - I'm sure he enjoyed performing in front of us.    For those who contacted us re. Scarlet Honeyeaters, numbers have dwindled! - suggest trying Cattai or Mitchell Park as these areas are really good at present, will put in a note re. this later.   Judi Russill