birding-aus

Fwd: from the Top End

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Fwd: from the Top End
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:44:43 +1000

Begin forwarded message:

From: Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue Aug 28, 1956  8:18:17  AM Australia/Sydney
To: Russell Woodford <>
Subject: from the Top End

Hi Russell
This message is from Dr. Ronda Green, Griffith University. She asked me
to put it on the Birding Aus chatline but as I don't have access, would
you please?

I've just returned from a meeting of traditional owners in western
Arnhem
Land.  All are happy with the Baby Dreaming project, A custodian of
other
country in central Arnhem Land wants to open up his country now - I'm
going there next week.
Denise
Interested in wildlife tourism? If so, you are invited to take part in
the following exciting
initiatives:

        ·       Join Wildlife Tourism Australia, a new organisation
established to 'promote the sustainable development of a diverse
wildlife
tourism industry
that supports conservation'. The principal focus of this organisation is
on viewing and interpretation of native Australian animals in the wild
and
in captivity. Benefits include free advertising, communication with
others
involved in wildlife tourism, access to information and the opportunity
participate in initiatives to promote the sustainable development of
wildlife tourism. Membership is free until the end of 2003. For more
information or to join, contact Chelsea Northrope (email
 or phone 07 5552 8514).

        ·       Attend the Inaugural workshop of Wildlife Tourism
Australia. This follows the success of the Sustainable Wildlife Tourism
Convention
in Hobart, 2001. It will be a great opportunity to communicate with
others
involved in wildlife tourism, to learn, to contribute to initiatives to
support the sustainable development of wildlife tourism, and to help
shape
the future directions of WTA. It will be held on November 8-9, 2003 in
Adelaide, immediately prior to the annual conference of Ecotourism
Australia and cost is $150. Visit www.wildlifetourism.org.au for
details
and registration form

______________________________________

Dr. Ronda J. Green
Australian School of Environmental Studies,
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
Griffith University
Nathan, Qld Australia 4111
Ph 07 3875 5101(international: 61 7 3875 5101
Fax 07 3875 7459 (international: 61 7 3875 7459)

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
61 (0)8 89 818492
PO Box 1023
Parap, NT 0804

http://www.denisegoodfellow.com
http://www.earthfoot.org
http://www.mcguire-spickard.com/baby_dreaming/

way humans have babies and birds have chicks.

Yours sincerely John A. Gamblin "GO YOU BEAUTIFUL MAGPIES"

Hullo John, very glad to see you back.

What's wrong with my front :^D>>>

I hope you are well, and all your bird friends too. Your shadecloth idea for
the Willywag protection is just what I would suggest. A relation once solved a
similar problem with a large empty fern-basket, upside-down like a lampshade,
above the nest; I have also seen an old umbrella with almost no cloth left on
it, just the spokes. W-Wags didn't mind.

All the best,
Hay nonie mouse pea son

I recently made a hanging nest box for the same and it's in use as I type.
"Gough" bless the real fibre mat makers. I lined the hanging nest with coconut
matting type product. Natural matted fibres. I might make these up for special folk in
Brisbane and Adled aid eh? I'll also take some photo's for you when I can Arnff okay.

Ooroo I gotta dash as Eggy needs her scarf and beanie put on straight.

--0-940977627-1064619754=:50560
h8R0KMp11682

<DIV>G'day my dah lynne's,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My health is much improved and I thank you all for asking.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Birds do miss their owners but then again who really owns a bird eh? I think
they own us.</DIV>
<DIV>I thought you both might like this song rewrite&nbsp;on this Magpie day down here ... you
should see the Hastings township black and white streamers everywhere, "Stewie" my local
butcher is selling black and white sausages and even the weather is now turning black and
white.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Re: Love of Willy Wagtails over 90 per cent of loss of Oz bird species is caused by the actions of
thoughtless&nbsp;man, dare I say it? "European thinking man". Hey what happened to the Equal Opportunity act eh? or
does that mean forty five percent is caused by man and forty five per cent by "Woe Man"
:^D&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hope you like this one and can figure out how much a little black and white girl
missed someone? she really did pine.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I sing:</DIV>
<P>I see this pair of big brown eyes,</P>
<P>She eats her meat with a little rice,</P>
<P>I hurry to a spot, that?s just a dot, on my mat,</P>
<P>Those eyes,</P>
<P>Her thighs,</P>
<P>Their part of the magpie trap,</P>
<P>Some starry night,</P>
<P>When she hears young JAG?s new jingle,</P>
<P>She sings it right,</P>
<P>And she sets his heart yeah, all a tingle,</P>
<P>Some birds are throwing cream with rice,</P>
<P>JAG thinks that?s yum and kinda nice,</P>
<P>He hurries to a spot, that?s just a dot, on his mat,</P>
<P>Those eyes,</P>
<P>Those thighs,</P>
<P>Their part of her magpie trap,</P>
<P>No band on hand in their trees,</P>
<P>And soon their music is in the breeze,</P>
<P>I?m acting kind of smart, until my heart just goes zap!</P>
<P>Those trees, that breeze, it?s part of the magpie trap,</P>
<P>Some starry night,</P>
<P>When she hears young JAG?s new jingle,</P>
<P>She sings it right,</P>
<P>And she sets his heart, yeah all a tingle,</P>
<P>I wonder how this all came about,</P>
<P>It's too late now I just can?t get out,</P>
<P>I fell in love, and love is a magpie trap</P>
<P>Sinned cere Apologies to Frank Sinatra</P>
<P>Runs off cackling with Eggy ?</P>
<P><A
href="http://www.abc.net.au/creaturefeatures/make/default.htm";>http://www.abc.net.au/creaturefeatures/make/default.htm</A></P>
<DIV><B><I>&lt;&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>John Gamblin wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>G'day Margaret,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have personally found if you improve the covering that once was afforded to
the willy wagtails nesting area this sure helps. A small tent of green coloured shadecloth
worked for me as a temporary measure. Has the nest area been disturbed lately, at all?,
prior to or after nest building? is the Willy Wagtail nest now exposed to aerial Magpie and
or Crow views? Tis the way of the wild for some birds to be predators and to survive thus.
Survival of the fittest or most numerous. Would you believe that once upon a time there was
only two POMES .... now look how many we've got.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>By the way humans have babies and birds have chicks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yours sincerely John A. Gamblin "GO YOU BEAUTIFUL MAGPIES"</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Hullo John, very glad to see you back.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What's wrong with my front :^D&gt;&gt;&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I hope you are well, and all your bird friends too. Your shadecloth idea for the
Willywag protection is just what I would suggest. A relation once solved a similar problem
with a large empty fern-basket, upside-down like a lampshade, above the nest; I have also
seen an old umbrella with almost no cloth left on it, just the spokes. W-Wags didn't
mind.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>All the best,<BR>Hay nonie mouse pea son</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I recently made a hanging nest box for the same and it's in use as I type. "Gough"
bless the real fibre mat makers. I lined the hanging nest with coconut matting type product. Natural
matted fibres. I might make these up for special folk in Brisbane and Adled aid eh? I'll
also&nbsp;take some photo's for you when I can Arnff okay.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ooroo I&nbsp;gotta dash as&nbsp;Eggy needs her scarf and beanie put on
straight.</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
<a
href="http://shopping.yahoo.com/?__yltc=s%3A150000443%2Cd%3A22708228%2Cslk%3Atext%2Csec%3Amail";>The
 New Yahoo! Shopping</a> - with improved product search
--0-940977627-1064619754=:50560--