birding-aus

"Video-scoping"

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: "Video-scoping"
From: "Lynn" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:15:23 +1000
Hi all

Have just searched the archives and printed Bob Inglis's notes on digiscoping. I am also looking to buy a new video camera as my old Cannon is in need of repair again.

Is there any info in the archives on video cameras and connections to enable filming through scopes? I also need to purchase a decent scope and am leaning towards the top model of Swarovksi.

The video camera's I am thinking about are the Cannon XM2 or the XL1S. The latter however is probably too large and heavy for what I want.

Has anybody had any experience with these or other good quality video cameras ?
Any info on connecting them to scopes ?

Thanks in advance

Dick Jenkin
DUNGOG NSW