birding-aus

hawkesbury birds

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: hawkesbury birds
From: "Keith Brandwood" <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:52:02 +1000
Hello everyone, There was a Sharptailed Sand Piper and a Red-necked Stint at Bushells yesterday the first arrivals for the year here in the Hawkesbury. The two Double Banded Dots that have been present all year at this lagoon are in full breeding plumage and ready to go back to NZ anyday I expect. On Wednesday when looking for the Orange-bellied Parrot at Maroubra there was a Sharptailed S/P in the wetland and a Reed Warbler new arrivals. I did'nt see the OBP but the two birdo's I was with flushed a parrot from the location where it has been seen before, seeing there are no other parrots at this site it was more than likely the OBP.
Any one else seen it this week.
The beautiful Hawkesbury 60km N/W of Sydney.

keith