birding-aus

morning at Banyule Flats (Vic)

To: "" <>
Subject: morning at Banyule Flats (Vic)
From: "Mules, Michael" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:58:05 +1000
I spent about an hour and a half this morning at Banyule Flats Reserve in Rosanna, (about 15km SE of Melbourne on the Yarra River), just having a general look around.  It was a cold, but clear and very pleasant morning.  Nothing too unusual, the best birds were Long-billed Corella, Pied and Grey Currawongs.  Black Swans were building a nest on the main lake, and I heard an undetermined crake/rail in the reeds).  All up, 50 species.

Hoary-headed Grebe
Australasian Grebe
Black Swan
Grey Teal
Chestnut Teal
Black Duck
Hardhead
Wood Duck
White Ibis
Straw-necked Ibis
Coot
Purple Swamphen
Dusky Moorhen
Masked Lapwing
Spotted Turtledove
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
Long-billed Corella
Galah
Rainbow Lorikeet
Crimson Rosella
Red-rumped Parrot
Kookaburra
Superb Fairy-wren
Spotted Pardalote
White-browed Scrub-wren
Brown Thornbill
Noisy Miner
Bell Miner
Red Wattlebird
White-plumed Honeyeater
New Holland Honeyeater
Eastern Yellow Robin
Crested Shrike-tit
Grey Thrush
Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike
Grey Butcherbird
Magpie
Grey Currawong
Pied Currawong
Little Raven
Magpie Lark
Willy Wagtail
Welcome Swallow
Golden-headed Cisticola
Red-browed Finch
Greenfinch
Silvereye
Blackbird
Starling
Common Mynah

Regards,
Michael Mules

Carey Baptist Grammar School
Kew Campus
349 Barkers Road Kew Victoria Australia 3101
Telephone: +61 3 9816 1325
Facsimile: +61 3 9816 1263

www.carey.com.au