birding-aus

Uluru - striated grasswren sites

To: <>
Subject: Uluru - striated grasswren sites
From: "Cathy Robinson" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:35:05 -0700

Thanks to all the birders who responded to my striated g/wren query @ Uluru. Although others have recently been successful at the car (and bus) sunset sites I tried both sites without any luck – shall try again later this year.

Many birders also commented that Uluru birding is disappointing – mainly due to the regulations on tourists in this Park. On the last day I encountered a network of dirt roads on Resort lands which, as far I could tell, are public access. The roads directing tourists to the camel tours and bus camping areas provide good starting points to get to this country. Also look out for maintained walking tracks to sunset viewing areas on top of nearby sand dunes.

Cheers

Cathy

Dr Cathy Robinson

School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Science

ph: 02 6268 8472

fax: 02 6268 8313