birding-aus

Eclectus copy wanted

To: Hugo Phillipps <>
Subject: Eclectus copy wanted
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:53:05 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Cere Hugo and all,

Firstly can I truly thank you for all you do for ALL wild birds.

Secondly should this one, get suspicious about another one, over there, that has close links with you know who, "Ear comes anuva one" ???

If I lived to be 150 years of age, I still could not thank you enough Hugo and a certain female wild bird rehabber overseas asks did our yellow and red tailed black cockatoo's derive their colouring from sitting too close to their aboriginal fire, considering once upon a time they were of the same genes stock of thee Sulphur crested Cockatoo.

I don't think she is very well do you :^D>>> definately needs an Ozzie top up.

Thanking you,
John A. Gamblin

A snip from the BAPA trust newsletter.

"PARROTS NEED HELP ...to survive in the wild, ....to thrive in our homes"

As part of this campaign the Trust has been able to enlist the services of John Cleese, who is going to record a video segment promoting the care and conservation of parrots. A sequel to his famous "dead parrot" sketch, which will be used to publicize a "World Parrot Day" later this year.

The majority of World Parrot Trust funds go into projects to assist the conservation of parrots in the wild. Sine 1989 the World Parrot Trust has raised almost $2,000,000 to contribute towards work for many CITES Appendix I threatened species. These include the Spix's, Lear's, Hyacinth, Blue-throated and Buffon's Macaws, the St. Vincent, Imperial, Red-necked, St. Lucia, Red-tailed, Cuban, Red-spectacled, and Green-cheeked Amazons, The Moluccan, Red-vented, Goffin's, Red-tailed Black (in western Victoria) and Palm Cockatoos, the Kakapo, Cape Parrot, Black-cheeked Lovebird, and the Echo Parakeet. Twenty-two species in all, two of which are Australian.

Most of the funds raised go directly to conservation projects, however some helps fund the production of the World Parrot Trust magazine, PsittaScene. This magazine helps publicize the plight of the world's parrots, while some funds are also devoted to improving the welfare of parrots in captivity by education of the general public.

Do you Yahoo!?