birding-aus

9 Month old Sighting - Whoops

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: 9 Month old Sighting - Whoops
From: "Graham" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:42:51 +1000
Gidday all,
                while chuckling along with this thread, I knew there must be at least one memorable mistake I have done. Then it came to me. I remember finding some really unusual Indian Mynas in a tree on my walk home from school (6th class if you must know). They were much bigger and flightier than normal mynas, but as they were an introduced species (or so I thought) I didn't think too much about them. Some months later I realised they were in fact Dollarbirds, which also have big white wing patches.

Not sure that I have admitted this to anyone before...

Cheers
Graham Turner
Lapstone,
Lower Blue Mountains

  I like this thread - I'm sure we've all been there - like my 10 minutes carefully stalking a rusty tin can bobbing about in reedbeds (when I lived in the UK thinking that I'd tracked down an unusual duck like a Ferruginous)!
Cheers
 Tom Wilson