birding-aus

Birdwatching in the local park

Subject: Birdwatching in the local park
From: "jade welch" <>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:07:13 +1000

Hi all,

Some may remember that i have been birdwatching in my local park. Well what i have been doing is compiling a list of birds i see in the park and am currently up to 61 species. Although most are not rare many are firsts for me and it is great that i have now had the chance to study a number of birds and listen to their calls while watching by myself. I now know the call of a grey honeyeater and a few other species. Here is the list of bird species i see in the park.

1. Australian Wood Duck
2. Hardhead
3. Pacific Black Duck
4. Australian Grebe