birding-aus

Backyard birding

Subject: Backyard birding
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:26:03 +1000
G'day all

I've spent quite a bit of the last week sitting on my back deck with a good
book and my binoculars handy.  Birding highlights have been many.
White-browed Woodswallows have drifted over in small numbers a couple of
times with Welcome Swallows and Tree Martins.  A pair of Mistletoebirds
perched briefly at the top of a tree right above me.  A Little Eagle
appeared in the sky above the house and proceeded to circle higher and
higher until it was invisible to the naked eye and hard to see with
binoculars.  Yesterday there were lots of visitors to the birdbath - Brown
Thornbills, Grey Fantails and Yellow-faced Honeyeaters were particularly
nice to see.  We have also had White-naped Honeyeaters in the vicinity
lately.

Cheers

Steve Clark
Hamilton, Victoria