birding-aus

Girralang NR

To: "Birding-Aus" <>, "Mammals-Aus" <>
Subject: Girralang NR
From: "Stephen Gross" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:48:57 +1000
This morning I spent three hours walking through Girralang NR. This reserve is about 30km north east of Orange and adjoins Ophir Reserve (the site of the first payable gold found in Australia). The reserve contains many of the plant communities I usually see around Orange but also has several stands of White Box and Ironbarks to help diversify the usual Orange bird species. The reserve also has many Red Necked Wallabies, several of which I saw today along with a Swamp Wallaby and an Echidna. Birds seen today were:

Crimson Rosella
Fan Tailed Cuckoo
Spotted Pardalote
White Throated Treecreeper